Press Releases • Jan 01, 2015 00:01 GMT
• Almost three-in-ten of long haul holidaymakers fail to take out travel insurance for trips to India – compared with 16 per cent for all destinations • India, Indian Ocean and Africa are where health, injury and theft issues arise most often • Under 35s are least likely to take out travel insurance • Average cost of long haul holiday insurance claims: £4,859
Press Releases • Dec 31, 2014 00:01 GMT
• The NYE night in trend continues with 1.5 million people more than last year opting to stay in • ….but damages from house parties costs £127
Press Releases • Dec 26, 2014 00:01 GMT
• Eurozone trio top the chart for New Year holiday bargains, led by Lanzarote • UK tourists get up to 33 per cent more travel cash than two years ago • Sharm-el-Sheikh is top contender among longer haul holiday resorts
Press Releases • Dec 19, 2014 00:01 GMT
• 19TH December is the busiest day for phone/online Post Office International Payments • A transaction will be processed every 90 seconds • One in 10 will send cash as a Christmas gift • USA, Spain and Australia the most popular destinations for money transfers
Press Releases • Dec 12, 2014 06:00 GMT
The average UK house price increased by £29,339 over the last year – more than the average UK wage (£27,271) More than three in five workers earned less than the average UK property appreciated in value over the last 12 months London homes earned £80,000 in the last year – nearly twice as much as the average salary in the capital
Press Releases • Dec 11, 2014 15:46 GMT
The Post Office has said that the CWU is being irresponsible in its decision to propose strike action on 12th December in its Admin and Supply Chain network. It has urged the CWU to reconsider the business’s offer of a six per cent pay rise - plus cash payments for colleagues in Supply Chain – over three years.
Press Releases • Dec 06, 2014 00:01 GMT
• Prices plunge in 24 of 27 ski resorts surveyed for the annual Post Office® Travel Money Ski Resort Report (www.postoffice.co.uk/skireport2014) • Biggest fall of 23 per cent in Soldeu, Andorra • Bansko, Bulgaria remains cheapest but eurozone favourites are closing the gap • Growing popularity of winter sports extras could add hundreds of pounds to a ski trip
Press Releases • Nov 29, 2014 00:00 GMT
- Designer labels cost up to 73 per cent less in New York - Seventh annual Post Office® Travel Money Christmas Shopping Guide reveals almost one-in-five items surveyed cost over 50 per cent more in London - Sister brands Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister offer richest pickings in New York (www.postoffice.co.uk/christmasshopping2014)
Press Releases • Nov 21, 2014 12:35 GMT
The Post Office has today published interim results for the six months of the financial year up until 28 September 2014. The results show that the business has made further progress towards its ambition of achieving commercial sustainability, despite challenging market conditions.
Press Releases • Nov 18, 2014 10:56 GMT
- Half (49 per cent) of UK adults have concerns about the cost of their friendships - In the last year UK adults spent an average £158 on gifts for their best or closest friend - One in six (16 per cent) have used their overdraft to cover the price of a present - Four in ten (43 per cent) of 18-34s have lied about being busy to avoid the expense of celebrating with friends
Press Releases • Nov 15, 2014 00:00 GMT
On Sunday The Post Office launches a multi-channel campaign to demonstrate how it can empower the nation to take control of Christmas.
Press Releases • Nov 12, 2014 00:00 GMT
- The poorest 20 per cent of UK households have had no potential savings1 – money available to save - since 2002 - Meanwhile, the highest-earning 20 per cent of the population will have an average £18,680 to save this year - The savings gap between the richest 20 per cent and the poorest 20 per cent currently stands at over £20,000
Post Office Breaks Social Media Barrier By Being First UK Business To Allow Twitter Users To Donate To Charity With A Tweet
Press Releases • Nov 07, 2014 11:03 GMT
- Easy-to-use function developed by Post Office to help people to Be A Hero by donating to BBC Children in Need ahead of November 14 appeal night - Users Tweet @PostOffice with #MakeMeAHero hashtag and receive direct message with link to donate
Press Releases • Nov 07, 2014 00:00 GMT
But Employees Can Make Sterling Work Harder For Leftover Holiday By Avoiding Christmas Getaways • Post Office Travel Money research shows £5.37bn of paid leave is unclaimed annually • Around half of UK employees lose an average of six days paid holiday a year
Press Releases • Nov 03, 2014 16:07 GMT
Post Office has today launched six market-leading mortgage deals. The new products include a two year fixed deal at 60% LTV at a rate of 1.54% (£1,995 arrangement fee), as Post Office enters the current rate fray.
Press Releases • Oct 31, 2014 12:53 GMT
- Post Office building its role as key banking and payment provider at the heart of communities across the UK - Over 300 million cash withdrawals made at Post Office branches each year - 95 per cent of UK bank account holders can access accounts at any Post Office branch
Post Office Welcomes Royal Mail's New Small Parcel Format And Promotion To Help People Send More For Less This Christmas!
Press Releases • Oct 20, 2014 13:20 BST
- Maximum Size for Royal Mail’s Small Parcel format to almost double - Festive Price promotion comes into effect at Post Office branches on Monday 20th October means a saving of £1 on Second Class Small Parcels weighing between 1kg and 2kg
Press Releases • Oct 18, 2014 00:00 BST
- European winter sunspots outperform most long haul rivals to grab best value rating - Costa del Sol is cheapest but Bali squeezes in front of the Algarve to take second place - Sri Lanka and Tobago boast biggest barometer falls for families on a half term break