Press release -
Enhanced Post Office travel insurance products now available to buy online, via UK call centre and now in branches
- Enhanced Post Office travel insurance now on sale online and in branches with Coronavirus cancellation and curtailment added to policy
People advised to get travel insurance as soon as they book any travel
Post Office has today (15 September) announced that it has enhanced its travel insurance products in relation to Coronavirus and that policies are now available to purchase in its Branch Network*.
In Mid-June, Post Office travel insurance products went back on sale online and via its call centre providing emergency medical and repatriation expenses as standard against Coronavirus. Post Office travel insurance products have been enhanced and now also provide cover for cancellation and curtailment as a result of Coronavirus. This new cover is available online, via a call centre or in branch.
Essential cover for contracting coronavirus whilst overseas is included as standard across the product range, including single trip, annual multi trip and backpacker. This will ensure that Post Office customers are protected for emergency medical and repatriation costs, should they fall ill, but providing they only travel when there are no restrictions in place by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).
The enhanced policies mean that Post Office is also able to provide cover for cancellation and curtailment giving a confidence boost to people booking travel.
Paul Paddock, Head of Travel Insurance at Post Office, said:
“We have been busy reviewing our travel insurance policies due to Coronavirus to better meet the needs of customers. We have added cancellation and curtailment to our policies, providing that extra reassurance for our customers.
“We recommend that as soon as people book any travel that they get a travel insurance policy to give them peace of mind in case of redundancy, illness or issues caused by Coronavirus. Post Office is a trusted brand with a dedicated UK call centre able to offer support.”
The Post Office has updated its website with information about its latest travel products to help customers make the right decision for them. For further information about the Post Office’s travel insurance products, visit www.postoffice.co.uk/travel-insurance
*The majority of Post Office branches sell travel insurance products and the branches that do not directly sell these products can refer customers to our online and call centre channels. The same Post Offices that directly sold travel insurance products before can once again do so. Please visit www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-finder to check which branches directly sell travel insurance.
About Post Office:
- With 11,500 branches, the Post Office is among the larger retail networks in the UK.
- 98% of Post Office branches are run with retail partners on an agency or franchise basis.
- The Post Office provides services central to peoples’ everyday lives; 99.7% of the population lives within 3 miles of a Post Office.
- We offer the UK’s largest fee free cash withdrawal network through our 11,500 branches, over 2,000 cash machines and 99 per cent of UK bank customers can access their accounts at the Post Office.
- We sell 170 different products and services spanning financial services including savings, insurance, loans, mortgages and credit cards; Government services; telephony; foreign currency; travel insurance and mail services.
- Post Offices branches remain highly valued and trusted, and are the focal point of many communities. For more information; visit www.postoffice.co.uk and to find out about a Post Office business opportunities; visit www.runapostoffice.co.uk