The Post Office has today (17 June) announced that its travel insurance products are now back on sale and available online or through its dedicated UK contact centre.
Cover for contracting coronavirus whilst overseas is now included as standard across the product range, including single trip, annual multi trip and backpacker. It will ensure that Post Office customers are protected for emergency medical and repatriation costs, should they fall ill, but providing they only travel when there are no restrictions in place by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).
Paul Paddock, Head of Travel Insurance at the Post Office, said:
“We look forward to welcoming back our customers and protecting them and their upcoming travel plans, when it’s safe to travel. It’s likely that Coronavirus will be with us for some time. By including medical cover now, we are able to support our customers for the foreseeable future.”
The Post Office has updated its website with information about its products to help inform customers make the right decision for them. For further information about the Post Office’s travel insurance products, visit postoffice.co.uk/travel-insurance
About Post Office:
- With 11,500 branches, the Post Office is among the larger retail networks in the UK.
- 98% of Post Office branches are run with retail partners on an agency or franchise basis.
- The Post Office provides services central to peoples’ everyday lives; 99.7% of the population lives within 3 miles of a Post Office.
- We offer the UK’s largest fee free cash withdrawal network through our 11,500 branches, over 2,000 cash machines and 99 per cent of UK bank customers can access their accounts at the Post Office.
- We sell 170 different products and services spanning financial services including savings, insurance, loans, mortgages and credit cards; Government services; telephony; foreign currency; travel insurance and mail services.
- Post Offices branches remain highly valued and trusted, and are the focal point of many communities. For more information; visit www.postoffice.co.uk and to find out about a Post Office business opportunities; visit www.runapostoffice.co.uk