Press releases • Sep 16, 2019 12:48 BST
Revealed: the long haul holiday destinations where winter sun getaways will cost the least – and the most
Press releases • Sep 14, 2019 00:01 BST
Press releases • Sep 05, 2019 12:16 BST
ScottishPower Smart Meter customers can now top up their meters through Post Office and Payzone bill payments network
Press releases • Aug 30, 2019 10:16 BST
Press releases • Aug 17, 2019 00:01 BST
Press releases • Aug 07, 2019 14:35 BST
- Post Office has joined the Government Digital Framework, GCloud 11, enabling government departments to offer people a suite of ‘bricks and clicks’ identity services
- Services available include Digital Identity, In-branch Verification and Document Certification.
- Allows departments to take advantage of the convenience of the Post Office network; 93% of people in the UK live within 1 mile of a branch
Post Office has joined the government’s digital marketplace, GCloud 11, with a suite of identity services now on offer to all government departments and agencies.
Being part of the framework streamlines the entire procurement process for any government department seeking to work with Post Office.
There are three Post Office Identity Services available on the framework. These are:
- Digital Identity – enabling millions of users to prove who they are and to share verified data and documents straight from their device
- In-branch verification – providing support for specific customers who require face to face identity verification
- Document certification – certifies copies of original documents with additional digital image capture available, if required
These services offer government partners the flexibility of ‘bricks and clicks’. Digital services support those citizens who are confident to navigate the online world. And a network of 11500 outlets continues to bridge the gap for those who require face to face services and support. 93% of the UK population lives within 1 mile of a Post Office.
With a website that attracts millions of visitors each year and 11500 branches, Post Office is conveniently accessible to all. The Identity Services team already works with a range of government partners, including DVLA, Her Majesty’s Passport Office and the Cabinet Office
Digital Identity focuses on helping users to create a reusable identity that can be shared across all sectors and use cases, from government and financial services, health and welfare, travel and age restricted retail. Once a user has created their digital identity they can use it time and time again without the need for further verification.
Document Certification provides up to three copies of an original document, certified to state that they are a true likeness to the original: Includes all common forms of ID: passports, driving licences, utility bills and bank statements.
Martin Edwards, Managing Director of Identity Services at Post Office, commented:
“We are delighted to be able to offer our services through GCloud 11. We are uniquely placed to serve customers who may be digital natives, while also supporting those who prefer to engage with our services face to face.
“We look forward to working with our government partners in the identity space. We share many common goals, including tackling issues such as digital and financial exclusion. By helping customers to prove who they are in an easy and inclusive manner, we believe we will remove barriers that impede access to key services such as Universal Credit, and passport applications,”
To find out more, please visit: www.postoffice.co.uk/identity
Post Office Press Office
1st Floor Finsbury Dials
20 Finsbury Street
LONDON, EC2Y 9AQ
Tel: 07436 038445 or 020 7012 3456 (24 hours),
About Post Office:
- With 11,500 branches, the Post Office is among the larger retail networks in the UK.
- 97% of Post Office branches are run with retail partners on an agency or franchise basis.
- The Post Office provides services central to peoples’ everyday lives; 99.7% of the population lives within 3 miles of a Post Office.
- We offer the UK’s largest fee free cash withdrawal network through our 11,500 branches and an additional 2,500 cash machines and 99 per cent of UK bank customers can access their accounts at the Post Office.
- We sell 170 different products and services spanning financial services including savings, insurance, loans, mortgages and credit cards; Government services; telephony; foreign currency; travel insurance and mail services.
- Post Offices branches remain highly valued and trusted, and are the focal point of many communities. For more information; visit www.postoffice.co.uk and to find out about a Post Office business opportunities; visit www.runapostoffice.co.uk
Press releases • Jul 31, 2019 11:44 BST
Press releases • Jul 22, 2019 00:01 BST
Contacts 10 contacts
About Post Office Media
Welcome to the Post Office Media Centre, our online resource for news, information, photos and footage for journalists across the UK.
Post Office Limited has an unrivalled national network of over 11,500 branches across the UK, more than all the high street banks combined, and sits at the heart of many communities across the country. The Post Office has made a commitment to no more branch closure programmes. It provides around 170 different services and products... Show more
Post Office Limited has an unrivalled national network of over 11,500 branches across the UK, more than all the high street banks combined, and sits at the heart of many communities across the country. The Post Office has made a commitment to no more branch closure programmes. It provides around 170 different services and products spanning financial services including savings, insurance, loans, mortgages and credit cards. Post Office also offers Government services; foreign currency; travel insurance and mail services. It serves around 18 million customers a week and half of all small businesses. 99.7% of the total population live within three miles of a post office. For many rural communities the post office is the only retail outlet. Post Offices remain highly valued and trusted and are the focal point for many communities.
For more information, visit www.postoffice.co.uk
- Post Office Media
- 1st Floor Finsbury Dials, 20 Finsbury Street
- EC2Y 9AQ London
- For Post Office switchboard please call 0333 665 3001 Press Office ( Please note this line is strictly for Media enquiries ONLY) - 0207 012 3456