- Brand new over 50s Home Insurance product from Post Office Money, rated 5* by Defaqto^
- Offers a guarantee to beat customer renewal quote by at least £50^
- Competitive features mark Post Office Money’s intention to become one of the leading financial services providers by 2020
Post Office Money announces the launch of its brand new 5* Home Insurance for the over 50s available in branch. This new product marks the latest addition to the business’ growing range of celebrated financial services products.
Post Office Money’s new over 50s Home Insurance product – awarded a 5* rating by Defaqto^- offers a number of impressive benefits including:
- Unlimited alternative accommodation for the family if a home is unsafe to live in
- £10,000 personal assault cover
- Up to £1,500 cover for garden contents
- Up to £300 cover for loss or damage to visitors effects in your home, including visitors who provide you with medical or palliative care
- An extra 10% contents cover for one month before/after special events including weddings, Christmas, births, christenings and landmark wedding anniversaries^
- In addition to these features, Post Office Money guarantees to beat customers’ over 50s home insurance renewal quote, by at least £50^.
Nick Kennett, Director of Financial Services at Post Office Money said:
“Our long-term commitment to providing a helping hand for customers at every stage of their life is again shown in the launch of our brand new over 50’s Home Insurance. With some of the most competitive features on the market, Post Office Money’s offering ensures that our customers can continue to enjoy their lives with the peace of mind that their home and belongings are fully protected.”
^Defaqto is an independent company that assesses products and services and awards them with a 1-5 start rating based on the level of cover they provide.
^Offer available to new customers only. You will be required to send us proof of your cover levels and premium details. Your insurance quote with the Post Office must be on an equivalent basis matching your renewal cover levels with your existing insurer, including voluntary excess. If we can’t beat your existing renewal on a like for like basis, the difference plus £50 will be refunded on to the card you paid with, no later than 60 days after your policy start date. Further terms and conditions apply please contact Post Office Money for more information.
^Conditions and exclusions apply. For full details of what’s included with this cover please contact Post Office Money on 0800 2943800
About the Post Office
The Post Office (Post Office Limited) has an unrivalled national network of over 11,500 branches across the UK, more than all the high street banks combined, and sits at the heart of communities in Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England. The Post Office has made a commitment to maintaining its network of branches at its current size and reach. It provides around 170 different products and services spanning financial services including savings, insurance, loans, mortgages and credit cards; Government services; telephony; foreign currency; travel insurance and mail services.
The Post Office serves over 17 million customers a week and a third of small businesses. Some 99.7% of the total population live within three miles of a post office and over 97% live with one mile of a post office. For many rural communities, the post office is the only retail outlet. Post Offices branches remain highly valued and trusted, and are the focal point of many communities. For more information, visit http://www.postoffice.co.uk/.
Please note the Press Office team can only deal with enquiries from the media. Unfortunately they do not have access to customer information so can not help with customer enquiries.
If you have an enquiry regarding any Post Office product or service please visit postoffice.co.uk or call 0845 611 2970 Local call rates apply. Call costs may vary depending on your service provider. Calls may be monitored or recorded for training and compliance purposes.