- Consultation asks Postmasters and commercial partners how they want to be involved in development and execution of business decisions
Survey of 8,000 Postmasters will be carried out and assessed by independent agency
Consultation launch is a further step in resetting Post Office’s relationship with Postmasters
A consultation asking how Postmasters and commercial partners who operate multiple Post Office branches want to be involved in the development and execution of business decisions has been launched today (21 September).
The Post Office’s consultation will run for twelve weeks and will include in depth discussions, followed by a survey of over 8,000 Postmasters on options such as establishing regional or thematic forums that could advise and influence business decisions. A separate survey and qualitative discussions will take place with all its commercial partners.
Amanda Jones, Post Office Retail and Franchise Network Director, said:
“We want to see Postmasters thriving in their local communities with commercially successful branches run by individuals who know what products and services their customers require. This consultation is part of our efforts to reset our relationship with Postmasters and hear directly from them about how they want to be involved in the development and execution of business decisions.”
A dedicated microsite – https://www.onepostoffice.co.uk/secure/postmaster-consultation/ – has been created where Postmasters can find out more information about the consultation and can log on and submit their views. The consultation is being run by an independent agency, Quadrangle, that will provide an impartial assessment of Postmasters’ views.
The Post Office had previously announced that a Non-Executive Director position on its Board will be created. Since the announcement, the Post Office has been learning from other organisations about their experiences of making a change to their Board. Post Office is also working with its shareholder, the UK Government, to agree the appointment process.
Most recently, the Post Office has also announced the creation of a new Postmaster Director role. In an email to Postmasters, it was explained that the Post Office Limited employee role will be the Postmaster voice within the business and will lead on Postmaster engagement.
About Post Office:
- With 11,500 branches, the Post Office is among the larger retail networks in the UK.
- 98% of Post Office branches are run with retail partners on an agency or franchise basis.
- The Post Office provides services central to peoples’ everyday lives; 99.7% of the population lives within 3 miles of a Post Office.
- We offer the UK’s largest fee free cash withdrawal network through our 11,500 branches, over 2,000 cash machines and 99 per cent of UK bank customers can access their accounts at the Post Office.
- We sell 170 different products and services spanning financial services including savings, insurance, loans, mortgages and credit cards; Government services; telephony; foreign currency; travel insurance and mail services.
- Post Offices branches remain highly valued and trusted, and are the focal point of many communities. For more information; visit www.postoffice.co.uk and to find out about a Post Office business opportunities; visit www.runapostoffice.co.uk