Press release -
Post Office wins ‘Best Travel Insurance Provider’ and ‘Best Life Insurance Provider’ 2021
- Post Office wins ‘Best Travel Insurance Provider’ 2021 at YourMoney.com awards
- Award based on the product features, cost effectiveness and the quality of service provided to customers. Second consecutive win for Post Office Travel Insurance
- Post Office also wins ‘Best Life Insurance Provider’ 2021 at YourMoney.com awards for 13thconsecutive year
Post Office has won ‘Best Travel Insurance Provider’ and ‘Best Life Insurance Provider’ 2021 at the YourMoney.com awards. The wins were judged by a panel of consumers on quality of service and comes after a challenging year for the travel insurance market in particular where providers have had to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The awards are based on the product features, cost effectiveness and the quality of service provided to customers.
Post Office continues to remind anyone who books any travel that they get a travel insurance policy to give them peace of mind in case of redundancy, illness or issues caused by Coronavirus.
Ed Dutton, Product Portfolio Director for Financial Services, said:
“The Covid-19 pandemic has changed customers priorities when it comes to travel insurance for a generation. Providers must respond to this to ensure people have as much confidence as possible when it comes to travelling abroad. We added cancellation and curtailment due to coronavirus to our policies last year, to provide that extra reassurance for our customer and I am delighted that we have been recognised for our quality of service.
“Post Office is a trusted brand with a dedicated UK call centre able to offer support. We know many people are keen to get abroad for holidays or to see friends and family as soon as it’s safe to do so and we’re ready to meet demand.”
Post Office travel insurance products provide cover for cancellation and curtailment as a result of Coronavirus. Essential cover for contracting coronavirus whilst overseas is included as standard across the product range, including single trip, annual multi trip and backpacker. This will ensure that Post Office customers are protected for emergency medical and repatriation costs, should they fall ill, but providing they only travel when there are no restrictions in place by the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO).
Post Office Life insurance
Post Office also won ‘Best Life Insurance Provider’ 2021 at YourMoney.com awards for 13thconsecutive year. Since April 2020, Post Office Life Insurance policies and Over 50s Life Cover combined has meant that over £540 million of new cover has brought peace of mind to over 16,000 more households in the UK.
Ed Dutton added:
“It’s a fantastic achievement for us to be recognised as an award-winning Life Insurance provider for 13 straight years. Now more than ever, with so many having been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s important that everyone considers financial protection should they or a loved one sadly pass away. We know this is a sensitive topic however our call centre agents are on hand to provide information about what different life insurance products might be best suited to an individual’s needs.”
About the Post Office
- With over 11,500 branches, Post Office has the biggest retail network in the UK, with more branches than all the banks and building societies combined.
- Post Office is helping anyone who wants cash to get it whichever way is most convenient. Partnership with over 30 banks, building societies and credit unions means that 99% of UK bank customers can access their accounts at their Post Office.
- Cash withdrawals, deposits and balance enquiries can be made securely and conveniently over the counter at any Post Office; and the biggest investment by any organisation or company in the last decade is being made to safeguard 1,400 free-to-use ATMs across the UK.
- Post Office is simplifying its proposition for Postmasters with a focus on its cash and banking; mails and parcels; foreign exchange; andbill payments services.
- Research has found that visits to the Post Office help drive another 400 million visitors to other shops, restaurants and local businesses equating to an estimated £1.1 billion in additional revenue for High Street businesses.
- 99.7% of the population live within three miles of a Post Office; and 4,000 branches are open seven days a week.